I’m a writer. So, I write. What do I write? Lots, in lots of different genres and styles. I’m also a producer, director and do research, development & consulting too. I worked with lawyers for close to 20 years and hold a Master’s degree of Business Administration with a specialization in Management Consulting so I can be super serious and business-y when necessary. Might explain why I turned to stand-up comedy (which I also write). I even wrote & presided over the nuptials for an improvised wedding at a senior’s care home for a woman whose dear granny couldn’t travel to the real wedding. I’ve also written for grants & RFP’s (which successfully resulted in funding!) as well as TV shows, magazines and workshops/courses (which I facilitate/teach).
Here’s some examples of things I’ve researched, developed, written & consulted on…
TV, SCRIPT WRITING, SOCIAL MEDIA, PRODUCTION, DEVELOPMENT and…
- Producer, co-director & writer
- Writer for Rights Fest for the opening of the Canadian Museum of Human Rights
- Mentor for the Whistler Film Festival Aboriginal Filmmaker Fellowship
- Co-writer of 2012-2015 Indigenous Music Awards
- Co-writer, with Lorne Cardinal, for high-profile events & black tie fundraiser galas
- Social Media for Lorne Cardinal – content, strategy
- Co-creator, host & writer Spirit Fit Health & Lifestyle tv series
- Show overhaul & re-write for docu-series adaptation
- Producer & production related tasks & writing covers a LOT of different areas which blends creative, strategic, financial and so on…broadcasters and funders and distributors…oh my! I can do a mean spread sheet too. My cash flows are, dare I say, gorgeous.
- Pitch documents, series bibles, synopses, treatments, outlines, editing/doctoring, etc.
- Artistic Director & graphic design…I make things look visually appealing so your project and marketing can reach and positively affect your target!
- Speech puncher upper (technical term)
- Kick-ass presentations coach (no more Death By PowerPoint)
- Contributed to Chatelaine Magazine Get a Dancer’s Body
BUSINESS, GRANT WRITING, FACILITATION & CONSULTING
- Strategic Planning & Consulting
- Grant writing & RFP’s (request for proposals)
- Web design, copy writing & social media – brand management
- Development & facilitation of community forums
- “Active Communities Plan” through Active Communities Initiative – Researched & created on behalf of clients through provincially funded health initiatives. Successfully completed grant applications, accompanying work and final reporting.
- “Community Action Plan” through Everybody Active Communities Initiative – Researched and created on behalf of clients through provincially funded health initiatives. Successfully completed grant applications, accompanying work and final reporting.
ACADEMIC & EDUCATION
- Master’s Thesis A Plan for Developing Physical Activity Programs for Aboriginal Populations – What really works, A guide for success
- Curriculum, workshop & course development
- Business, Leadership, Physical Activity, How To Present & more
- Train-the-Trainer programs
- Please contact Anna Archer, Literary Agent at Lucas Talent with any writing inquiries